ProtiFi, LLC, a Long Island biotech located in Farmingdale, seeks a laboratory scientist for an immediate opening. The successful candidate will participate in basic research in the areas of proteomics, metabolomics, protein chemistry, sample preparation and mass spectrometry. Responsibilities will also include general laboratory organization and maintenance of laboratory supplies. As a laboratory scientist you will support analysis, investigation, research and development of omics technologies. You’ll be involved in a variety of laboratory tasks as part of a scientific team. Keeping a detailed and up-to-date notebook, adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines will be essential. Your work will play an important role in the foundation stages of research and development (R&D) and in scientific analysis and investigation.
Education and Requirements
- A Bachelor Degree in a scientific discipline is required for this position, as well as strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Prior experience with general laboratory procedures is essential including pipetting, weighing, making solutions, pHing, sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing of results.
- Ideally experience with any of the following analytical techniques is preferred: HPLC, protein assays and mass spectrometry.
- Familiarity and skills with common analytical computer programs is strongly desired.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
ProtiFi's team is high powered, results-driven and highly intelligent. We maintain a respectful family atmosphere while achieving amazing results. ProtiFi was spun out from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory in 2015. Read about us at https://protifi.com/pages/mission.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.